Experience 2 years
About the company:
Cactus Family Farms encompasses the Pork Division of Cactus Feeders. Cactus Family Farms has hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion.
About the position:
Cactus Family Farms is seeking a Wean to Finish Manager for our Wean to Finish Operations in the Webster City and Fort Dodge area!
We are looking for an experienced Wean to Finish Farm Manager with at least 2 years’ experience in building and leading teams, training and development, excellent pork production skills and a strong commitment to animal care and well-being.
- Assist in training staff and Wean to Finish Herdspeople
- Monitor and maintain Cactus Family Farm’s Standards of Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Maintain facilities, equipment and machinery in excellent working condition
- Provide technical direction for animal production and transportation
- Perform process monitoring and work in a manner that promotes customer focus, teamwork and continuous improvement
- Conduct regular farm visits and complete all pertinent site related paperwork
- Coordinate, communicate, and manage internal and external pig movements – this includes weaned pigs, feeder pigs, and market hogs
- Accountable for the inventory at each assigned site
- Carry out vaccination schedule and manage the on-site pharmaceutical inventory
- Other tasks as needed to ensure the success and efficiency of Cactus Family Farm’s Wean to Finish Operations
- Minimum of 23 years of age
- Must hold an active Class A CDL; Motor Vehicle Record Report Required
- Swine experience is preferred, but not required
- CFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Company Paid Retirement (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Paid Vacation and Sick time