Job ID 39714
Experience 5+ years
Christensen Farms is one of the largest, family-owned pork producers in the United States, marketing approximately 3 million hogs per year. Headquartered in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, the company operates throughout the Midwest with facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota. Christensen Farms owns four feed mills, manages 145,000 sows on 44 farms, and oversees more than 350 nurseries and grow-finish sites. The company employees nearly 1,000 people and maintains 1,500 contract partnerships.
The company is vertically integrated with a strong presence across the pork value chain – from farm to fork. Christensen Farms is the largest shareholder of Triumph Foods LLC, a producer-owned primary pork processing plant in St. Joseph, Missouri. In turn, Triumph Foods members own 50 percent of Daily’s Premium Meats, a specialty pork processor of bacon and other premium pork products. Triumph Foods also holds a 50 percent partnership in Seaboard Triumph Foods, LLC of Sioux City, Iowa, a primary pork processing plant.
Position Overview & Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for driving current and future talent acquisition needs throughout the organization. The Talent Acquisition Manager will provide both leadership in TA strategy as well as day to day operations leadership to a team of talent acquisition professionals and associated vendors/partners. This individual will be expected to build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organization creating solutions for complex hiring situations. The Talent Acquisition Manager will be both internally and externally focused and provide ongoing market intelligence to assist in decision making and strategy recommendations. A proven track record of success within a challenging and high volume environment is essential for this position. The role is critical for executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support and ensuring best HR practice to meet business goals and objectives.
This position will be located in the Sleepy Eye office with steady travel requirements to meet objectives. Some work in the evenings and on weekends is required.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Develop strong relationships with key department leaders to deliver consistently high standards of recruiting results for the organization.
- Recommend appropriate strategies and solutions to meet all talent needs for both external talent as well as internal mobility.
- Assess and anticipate staffing needs throughout the organization.
- Develop strong relationships with vendors and relevant industry entities to ensure CF’s competitiveness for talent is maximized.
- Monitor compliance with state and federal requirements for applicant tracking and affirmative action plans.
- Provide comprehensive reporting on development and progress of talent acquisition initiatives.
- Analyze and present relevant market intelligence to help decision making and strategy development.
- Develop, analyze and report out talent acquisition metrics.
- Provide coaching, support and guidance to hiring managers.
- Develop a strong and pro-active hiring team capable of partnering with key hiring managers throughout the organization.
- Continuously evaluate the best options for attracting talent to the company including analysis of numerous alternative strategies.
- Provides leadership and development for the talent acquisition team
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum formal education required: Professional degree with a HR emphasis or equivalent degree or work experience.
- Minimum number of years of prior job experience required: 5+ years
- PHR certification is a plus.
- Other Technical Skills required:
- Experienced in managing/evolving talent acquisition and career management strategies.
- Knowledge of current HR policies and procedures.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment and act under pressure.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Proven track record of establishing effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Detail orientated and able to work proactively and effectively with minimum supervision.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Competent with HR technology management systems.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of confidentiality.
- Relevant industry experience is a plus.
- Spanish language skills is a plus.
Director of HR
Christensen Farms is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization. No employee of CF will discriminate against any applicant for employment or a fellow employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law.