1. Follow all established safety and personnel policies and procedures.
2. Follow all production guidelines as established in company production manual.
3. Mark loads of hogs and manage market weights in accordance with the company weight targets.
4. Monitor feed inventory and order when necessary
5. Ensure farm paperwork is completed accurately and on time
6. Review reports of wean to market performance and implement action plans to improve performance
7. Communicate in a professional manner to employees, co-workers and manager.
o Train and manage staff to adhere to all bio-security protocols
o Take appropriate measures to ensure bio-security audit deficiencies are corrected and brought into compliance in a timely manner
9. Animal Welfare
o Train and manage staff to adhere to all animal welfare and PQA guidelines
o Participate as requested in animal welfare audits and ensure any recommended corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
10. Safe Working Environment
o Follow all safety procedures and guidelines
o Ensure all safety equipment is in place and utilized
o Maintain up-to-date safety sign off sheets
11. Ventilation Controls
o Monitor and ensure entire ventilation system is in good working order
o Regularly monitor the environment to achieve optimum comfort for the animals
o Train designated employees to monitor ventilation system in the Site Manager’s absence
12. Facility Maintenance
o The facility must be maintained and well kept
o Train and direct staff to complete routine maintenance on a daily basis
o Communicate non-routine repairs to the POD Manager
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time
Required Education and Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience in wean to market swine
production or livestock background preferred but not necessary.
• Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
• Possess the ability to plan and organize daily and weekly tasks
• Have problem solving skills and willingness to use innovative and creative ideas
• Obtain PQA Plus Certification
Work Environment: The nature of the business may require extended hours as well as working some weekends
and holidays. While performing the duties of the job, the employee often works inside swine confinement building
and may work with exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Noise level in work area is usually loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
Travel: The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities and
other job-related activities.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your cover letter and resume. Please state The Equity and the job title as the subject line of your email application.