Inside Sales Account Executive – REMOTE
Unique opportunity for a highly motivated, industry-connected self-starter with the confidence and skill-set to capture market share in the US swine reproduction field. Candidate will have exclusive access to sell the entire product line from one of the TOP FOUR swine reproduction companies in the world.
Minimum 3 years sales experience to the swine or animal health industry
· Basic swine reproduction knowledge, and background in animal husbandry skills
· Proven track record demonstrating annual sales of $1M-5M+
· Able to develop and execute a sales plan (securing & entering orders into company sales software)
· 4-year degree in animal science, agriculture, Ag business, Ag marketing or closely related field
· Skilled and highly experienced with communication & sales technologies including use of social media, CRM & order management software, PC environment & Microsoft applications, email, texting, video conferencing
· Dependable high-speed internet (300Mb down minimum) in home office
· Positive attitude with a “customer first” work ethic
· Strong work ethic (i.e. independent initiator, self-starter)
· Legal to work in the US
· Able to pass background and drug screening checks
· Fluent speaking and writing English
· Grew up on, or has worked in a swine breeding operation or boar stud; able to appreciate the business owner’s pain points.
· Marketing trade show experience
· Spanish language skills
Job Type & Schedule
· Full-time (perhaps part-time) to achieve quarterly sales goals. This is a remote, home-office position where you (and your customers) control your schedule and time-commitment required to achieve defined quarterly sales quotas, while coordinating with Agtech’s Monday-Friday fulfillment warehouse in Kansas. You are an employee of, sign an employment contract with, and are representing Agtech, Inc
· Remote, your home office. Ideally, the candidate would live in one of the states where the majority of swine reproduction activity occurs (Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, S. Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, N. Carolina).
Minimal. This is an inside sales & customer service position. Any travel related to customer acquisition and customer service would be at the discretion of the Acct. Exec w/ management approval, if /when required to secure a new customer. Agtech would reimburse the IRS rate/mile; company vehicle is not provided. Candidate will attend and manage Agtech’s booth at 3-4 trade shows annually throughout the US.
Provided via video conferences
Objectives which measure candidate’s success in this position
· Top 40 US Pork producers (as published in Successful Farming “Pork Powerhouses” annually)
· Farrowing operations with 5000 – 800,000 sows
· Boar studs collecting and extending semen
Competitors in US Market
· Description: Companies focused on the swine breeding industry which manufacture and/or market boar semen extender, equipment such as automated filling machines, CASA (computer assisted semen analysis) systems, consumables such as insemination catheters, wet wipes, lube, vinyl gloves
· Identified: IMV, Minitube, Magapor
· Base salary (1st year) + tiered commission
· Estimated first year full-time on-target earnings (OTE) $100,000
About Agtech, Inc.
Agtech is a private, 30-year old business based in Manhattan, Kansas which designs, contract manufactures and markets products primarily for animal assisted reproductive technology and animal health. The education branch of Agtech provides hands-on training in cattle embryo technologies and insemination. Agtech’s products target cattle, horses, swine, camels, sheep, goats, dogs and cats. Customers include large animal veterinarians, dairy and beef cattle breeders, horse and racing camel breeders, zoos, university veterinary and animal science departments, and human IVF clinics. The company website is www.agtechinc.com.
TO APPLY, EMAIL RESUME & COVER LETTER TO:
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state AgTech and the job title as the subject of your email application.