JOB TITLE: Swine Facility Manager
REPORTS TO: Facilities & Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: Alden, Iowa
This position is responsible for overseeing maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, ventilation, carpentry, painting, and other building systems of Summit Agricultural Group.
· Hire and train maintenance department staff.
· Organize and oversee the schedules and work of maintenance staff.
· Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
· Handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure facilities are maintained in a manner that prolongs the life of the facility
· Ensure the facilities do not adversely affect animal performance
· Evaluate systems or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed
· Assess building systems to plan work assignments and project schedules
· Develop maintenance procedures and schedules
· Ensure maintenance and repair work is completed correctly and in a timely manner
· Ensures safety standards and guidelines are followed on the jobsite
· Order parts and manage parts and tool inventories
· Work closely with pig owners to understand timelines for completion of repairs and capital improvement projects
· Work closely with manager to understand workloads, labor needs, capital expenditure needs and budgets
· Follow pig owner’s bio-security rules and expectations
· Assist with new construction projects as needed
· Assist Environmental Manager with manure management as needed
· Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Self-starter; able to work with little or no direction
· Strong, professional verbal communication skills
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environment and responsibilities
· Exceptional organization and ability to prioritize
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Extensive knowledge of livestock confinement systems
· Working knowledge of building structures
· Strong understanding of swine facility operations
· Ability to identify issues and determine repairs that are needed
· Ability to plan maintenance schedules for building systems
· Excellent management and supervisory skills
· Valid driver’s license with satisfactory motor vehicle record
· 3-5+ years of work experience in swine facilities or related experience
· Able to lift 50 lbs. and perform manual labor
· Ability to work outside in extreme conditions
· Must be able to traverse property and facility to diagnose building issues and plan repairs or maintenance
· Must be physically able to perform repairs when needed
Apply online at summitag.com or click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your application. Please state Summit Ag and the job title as the subject line of your email application.