Experience No experience required
This recruitment will be used to create a pool of 10 part-time (a maximum of 20 hours per week) Student Technical Assistant positions for the Department of Animal and Rangeland Sciences at the Swine Center at Oregon State University (OSU).
- Student-Employees will be responsible for providing coordinated day-to-day basic care duties for swine
- Feed animals
- Clean pens
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive a university vehicle to pick up supplies, deliver supplies, transport livestock
- No previous swine experience required, however it is beneficial
Additional Required Qualifications
This position may require driving a university vehicle or a personal vehicle on behalf of the university; if so, the incumbent must successfully complete a motor vehicle history check, possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license in their state of residence, be determined to be position qualified and self-report convictions as per OSU Standard 576-056-0000 et seq.
Preferred (Special) Qualifications Working Conditions / Work Schedule
- This is an off campus facility, employee must have a reliable form of transportation
- Employee may have exposure to noxious odors, infectious diseases, chemicals, loud noises, slippery floors, and machinery
- Employees may be exposed to inclement weather conditions
- Employee will need to maneuver items that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Employee may be required to stoop, bend, and kneel to provide care of the animals
- Overnight shifts on rare occasion
- Employees work schedule will be set according to class schedule
Click on Apply for this Job to view the entire job posting on the Oregon State University website.