Job ID 37020
Experience 4 years
Job ID 241668
Date posted 12/16/2022
Location : Elk River, Minnesota
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Swine Animal Technician is primarily responsible for the execution of approved protocols for animal studies in a safe, accurate and timely fashion. In this role, you will conduct research trials by collecting data that includes animal weight, feed information and various types of sample information. You will also be responsible for providing standard animal husbandry and housekeeping duties. This position requires the technician to work 1 weekend every 4 weeks and 2 holidays per year.
- Execute predefined protocols and standard operation procedures, like feeding, sample collection, animal observation, disease recognition, accurate data compilation, observations, deviations and trial quality measurement are in time and in scope.
- Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with our safety program and animal welfare standards and comply with animal policies.
- Maintain cleanliness and perform basic equipment maintenance and troubleshoot research equipment to ensure proper protocols requirements.
- Contribute to continuous evaluation and improvement of experimental methodology, daily routines and procedures.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient computer skills
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Must be able to work in cold, hot, humid dirty, dusty environment
- Excellent arm, hand and leg motor skills: bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, stairs, sampling
- Must be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Secondary education in a related field.
- Experience working in a research setting
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
This is a full time position 30 hours per week.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.