Job ID 39272
Experience Prior experience preferred
The Iowa Pork Industry Center (IPIC) is seeking qualified candidates for an Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) Extension Specialist I or II. The incumbent will be responsible for providing program assistance in areas of content development, producer education, project planning, and program outcome management. The ANR Extension Specialist will be expected to have significant interactions with extension program specialists, swine field specialists, ISU faculty programs working in areas relevant to the swine industry, project sponsors, and industry stakeholders. This position will be primarily responsible for creating education materials derived from projects and programs affiliated with IPIC. Therefore, it is imperative that the incumbent be able to communicate effectively and accurately, for both written and oral communications.
- Develops and disseminates program activity reports for internal and external distribution Markets IPIC affiliated swine programs
- Participates in interdisciplinary programming
- Assists in multi-institution project coordination
- Functions as an effective educator using innovative and creative approaches
- Establishes, organizes, and facilitates networks and coalitions to support the swine industry community
- Assist in the development of educational programming
- Assists with coordination of undergraduate engagement and industry exposure Identifies innovative ways to distribute educational information to all facets of the swine industry
- Provides overall program support to IPIC Program Specialist, including project management
- Assists in website management for multiple projects
An ANR Extension Specialist II will understand how to interpret research results and translate them into teaching information for various audience. This position will engage in and lead interdisciplinary programming. This successful candidate will develop and assists in leading effective and innovative strategies to meet targeted under-served and under-represented audiences.
This position will be filled at the Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension Specialist I or II level.
The level I position has minimum required qualifications of Bachelor’s degree and is a PS807 pay level.
The level II position has minimum required qualifications of Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience and is a PS808 pay level.
Iowa State University is a global, culturally diverse, and welcoming institution where students, faculty, and staff flourish. We know broad experiences and perspectives are vital to advancing innovation, thinking critically, and solving complex problems. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who champion the educational success of all students and support the professional success of colleagues consistent with the university’s Principles of Community.
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoys comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
• Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans
• Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa)
• Life insurance and long-term disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Various voluntary benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellbeing program