Career Level Executive
The objective of the Sow Farm Manager is to effectively manage and maintain a successful sow unit operation. This is a position of high responsibility and will require the ability to directly lead and manage the farm production team to meet production goals effectively and efficiently.
· Ready and writing skills
· Basic computer skills
· High attention to detail
· Basic math skills
· Must function as a team player
· Live interaction with large and small animals
· Develop and delegate weekly work activities.
· Train, develop, and mentor production team.
· Oversee new employee training and orientation.
· Conduct performance evaluations for farm staff (60 days and annually).
· Ensure farm staff, visitors, and contractors follow internal and external biosecurity protocols at all times.
· Ensure complete, accurate, and legible records from production team.
· Turn in production records and other reports by appropriate deadlines.
· Responsible for maintaining all production targets (breeding and wean age)
· Oversee and coordinate completion of special projects on the farm.
· Coordinate quarterly blood tests with Sow Production Manager.
· Oversee proper nutrition, welfare, and medical treatment for animals.
· Conduct monthly safety trainings and ensure all farm staff and visitors follow company safety procedures.
· Attend periodic production and training meetings. (May require occasional traveling.)
· Maintain accurate and necessary medicine inventory.
· Responsible for responding to alarm calls after normal work hours in event of farm system malfunctions.
· Review and approve timecards by payroll deadlines.
· Maintain good communication with production team through periodic meetings and by timely addressing production team questions and concerns.
· Establish and maintain open communication with company management team.
· Ensure production tasks and company policies are adhered to as outlined in company manuals.
· Keep Sow Production Manager informed of farm matters.
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Other duties as assigned.