Job ID 40377
Experience 3 years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The objective of the Sow Farm Manager is to effectively manage and maintain a successful sow unit operation. This is a position of a high level of responsibility and commitment. Requires the ability to lead and manage the farm production team to meet production goals effectively and efficiently.
- Reading and writing skills
- High attention to detail
- Be highly Organized
- Highly Responsible
- High Commitment Level
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to communicate in English
- Prefer candidates with at least 3 years of experience in U.S. swine production and people management.
- At least a high school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Agricultural Engineering, Biology, or other related field desired but not required. Experience will be taken into consideration.
Physical Job Requirements
- Frequent lifting of 5lbs up to 25lbs
- Occasional lifting in excess of 25lbs up to 75lbs
- Ability to resist 25lb pressure hose for extended duration routinely throughout the work week
- Requires a lot of physical movements such as bending, stretching, walking, squatting, pulling, pushing, lifting, and working on your feet.
- Live interaction with large and small animals
- Develop and delegate weekly work activities.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensure a clean and organized work environment including regular cleaning of farm entrances, break areas, and other common areas.
- Train, develop, and mentor the production team.
- Oversee new employee training and orientation.
- Manage and document work performance through routine follow-up and performance evaluations for new and existing employees.
- Attend any alarm calls
- Ensure farm staff, visitors, and contractors follow internal and external biosecurity protocols at all times.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and legible records from the production team.
- Turn in production records and other reports by appropriate deadlines and to the appropriate people.
- Responsible for maintaining all production targets (breeding and wean age)
- Oversee and coordinate the completion of special projects on the farm.
- Coordinate quarterly blood tests with Sow Production Manager.
- Oversee proper nutrition, welfare, and medical treatment for animals.
- Conduct monthly safety training and ensure all farm staff and visitors follow company safety procedures.
- Attend periodic production and training meetings. (May require occasional traveling.)
- Maintain accurate and necessary medicine and farm supply inventory.
- Responsible for responding to alarm calls after normal work hours in event of farm system malfunctions.
- Review and approve staff timecards by payroll deadlines.
- Maintain good communication with the production team daily and through periodic meetings and by timely addressing production team questions and concerns.
- Establish and maintain open communication with the company management team.
- Ensure that the company’s core values are being respected.
- Keep Sow Production Manager informed of farm matters.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned.