This is a 2500 head sow farm located in scenic Northeast Iowa.
As a Farm Manager, a typical day may include the following:
• Oversee and be actively involved in all sections of farm including breeding, farrowing, nursery, and GDU
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner with livestock and employees
• Balances team and individual responsibilities, puts success of team before own interests and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
• Delegates work assignments and responsibilities to ensure farm is ran to the best of its ability
• Responsible for financial success of farm, overseeing payroll, supplies, maintenance/repair budgets
• Complete paperwork and farm ordering
• Understand and follow WFR’s biosecurity protocol, must shower in and out
• Work a morning to midafternoon shift
Minimum of 2 years of swine experience. Previous leadership experience preferred.
Fill out an application at https://www.waukonfeedranch.com/sowapp
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your cover letter and resume. Please state Waukon Feed Ranch and the job title as the subject line of your email application.