The Sow Farm Manager is responsible for ensuring the carrying out of daily responsibilities in the caring for the welfare of the animals, including feed, water, and management. The Sow Farm Manager directly manages the team of farm employees and ensures they are working effectively and efficiently. This position will coordinate employees into highly effective team members to produce high quality animals in the most productive manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or equivalent is preferred AND
• 3-5 years related experience in swine production AND
• Minimum of 1 year people management experience OR
• A combination of above
Knowledge and Skills:
• Problem solving techniques
• Demonstrated knowledge of overall business strategy and operations
• Basic proficiency in spreadsheet, database, word processing software
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Mental and Physical Requirements:
• Ability to excel within an accelerated work environment
• Motivation to work within a team based work environment
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk for extended periods & lift 50 lbs
Apply online at www.carthagesystem.com/careers/ .
Or to submit your resume via email, click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button . Please state Professional Swine Management and the job title as the subject of your email application.