Job ID 39479
Experience 10 years
PURPOSE: Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, the Senior Production Manager is responsible for ensuring optimal production levels in assigned units and the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for OlySky L.P. operations.
- Contribute at an executive level to the ongoing production and the future sustainability of the Sow Production facilities within the company.
- Ensure effective planning, direction, coordination, and monitoring of all operational activities.
- Provide strong leadership, guidance and mentoring.
- Clearly articulate department mandate, direction, goals and budgets
- Communicate company initiatives and production performance through timely correspondence to the company
- Set budgets including sow production and staff levels per unit
- Oversee company genetic programs, review production data and update records
- Engage in the development of plans for improvement, coaching and conflict resolution
- Set production targets for units and manage performance according to company targets
- Directly manage Production Managers and indirect supervisory responsibility of staff
- Assist and provide support in training of staff: implementing SOP’s, CQA monitoring and safety policies
- Ensure biosecurity is enforced and followed
- Perform corrective actions, terminations and suspensions with HR
- Approve expenditures of $5000+
- Take the lead role in a variety of meetings including other departments
- Responsible for safety and health of employees and units in their areas; ensure safety compliance and address safety issues with Unit Managers
- Ensure facility operates meeting CPE and ACA standards and ensure all staff are providing proper care to animals
- Other duties as required
- Preferred – Animal Science Degree or Animal Health Diploma
- 10+ years prior work experience in a pork production and leadership environment