Founded in 1956, United Animal Health, Inc. is a global premier animal nutrition and health innovator involved in animal nutrition, microbials, reproduction technologies, feed management technologies, mycotoxin products, and enzymes. We Feed the Animals that Feed the World.
Our Swine Production Technician is based in Sheridan, Indiana and works 6:00 – 3:30 Monday – Friday with occasional weekend hours. Starting pay is $17.00 per hour with full benefits including student loan assistance and a 5% 401k match and generous time off. We have very little turnover – work with a stable team that knows the value of teamwork and helping one another.
Summary/Purpose of Position:
The primary responsibility is to execute the daily tasks and standard operating procedures in the sow and nursery units for production and research needs in a swine facility. This person will also be responsible for maintaining and providing proper animal care and well-being at all times.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties:
Typical Work Environment
• Associates Degree in agriculture or animal science or equivalent professional experience
Relevant Job Experience:
• 1-2 years professional experience in swine production
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
• Knowledge of swine production principles and procedures
• Knowledge of general maintenance techniques
• Knowledge of general safety principles
• Knowledge of research and data collection/reporting techniques
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently
• Ability to identify and discern possible safety issues
• Champion of United Animal Health cultural values
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more periodically
• Good body flexibility (much bending and twisting)
• Ability to withstand jostling by animals
• Good mobility with ability to move fairly quickly
Apply online by clicking HERE!.
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your cover letter and resume. Please state United Animal Health and the job title as the subject line of your email application.