TriOak Foods is seeking candidates to fill a Regional Finishing Manager position based out of Southeast Iowa.
Nature of Position
The person selected will be responsible to manage Field Staff in the Southeast Iowa region and oversee the production of 250,000 – 300,000 pig spaces within the region. Responsibilities will include leading and growing Field Staff through day-to-day processes, helping to identify / solve production issues, providing technical direction and support, relationship building with growers in our system, auditing of protocols and quality standards, and other related duties.
- Audit and ensure that all TriOak Quality Standards and protocols are implemented and being followed by direct reports.
- Oversee and manage direct reports. This could include scheduling assistance, continuing education and training, assistance with conflict resolution, etc.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a win/ win relationship with TriOak contract growers.
- Liaison between contract growers and TriOak employees, providing communication to both parties as needed. This will include monitoring pertinent site data, communicating process improvement opportunities and determining next course of action.
- Provide technical direction and education for animal production and transportation.
- Conduct regular farm visits, complete all pertinent paperwork and follow up with all parties as needed.
- Assist when needed regarding the internal and external movement of TriOak pigs. This is to include weaned pigs, feeder pigs and market pigs.
- Assist in compliance with all applicable State and Federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Conduct employee reviews as required by the company’s human resource policy.
- Responsible for carrying out the company biosecurity program as presented by the company’s vet staff.
- Maintain a vet / client / patient relationship with the company’s vet staff and adhere to their guidelines with regard to herd health and improvement. Provide necessary assistance to direct reports in regard to proper medication application.
- Assist relations team with initial space procurement.
- Responsible to perform duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Enjoy working with pigs, have a thorough understanding of pig production and be driven to make improvements within the system.
- Have very strong communication and organizational skills to effectively manage field staff employees and the spaces throughout the region.
- Be able to manage / lead regional staff to ensure that protocols are being met including health guidelines, biosecurity, operating procedures, etc. Auditing will be part of this position also.
- Be efficient working in a variety of software applications including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have a Degree in Animal Science or an Ag-related Degree in addition to experience working with pigs. Significant experience working with pigs in progressive positions may qualify a candidate who does not have a degree.
- Maintain an acceptable MVR as determined by TriOak.
- Hours of work are expected to be longer than subordinate employees.
- Must be able to work safely in a physically demanding environment including the ability to lift 50 lbs, load / move market sized animals, walk through pens of animals, etc.
- Must be able to work in a variety of working conditions including but not limited; to extreme heat during summer months and extreme cold in winter months.
- Must be able to work in an environment in which you will be exposed to daily odors, dusts and gasses that may be uncomfortable or hazardous if proper procedures are not followed.
TriOak Foods offers a strong benefits package (insurance options, 401K with match, profit sharing, PTO program, etc.) and a competitive salary based on experience.