SUMMARY: Safely transport livestock (hogs and cattle) on time via intrastate and interstate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be capable of regular and predictable attendance
o Able to work overtime as needed
o Able to work holidays as needed
• Capable to transport livestock via intrastate and interstate
o Panel up trailer in winter months
o Water livestock in warmer weather
• Load livestock from chute into trailer compartments
• Unload livestock from trailer compartments onto designated premises
• Works with Transportation Manager on schedules
• On Time Delivery
• Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned
• Fill out and maintain proper daily log and mileage sheets per DOT regulations
• 2 years of OTR experience preferred
• Valid CDL license with good driving record
• Meet and maintain company insurance guidelines
• Successfully pass renewal of DOT physical and required drug testing (random, post-accident)
• Maintain certification and follow all TQA Guidelines in the Humane Handling of Livestock
o Knowledge of hogs and cattle beneficial
• Maintain clean transportation equipment and personal appearance
• Work well with livestock buyers and plant personnel
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment and physical characteristics are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Refer to the “Essential and Marginal Function Analysis” statement for a complete description of essential functions and functional requirements.
EEO- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Post-Offer Physical
Click HERE to print off a job application.
Submit your application by fax: 563.552.7444
Attn: Human Resources
331 3rd St. NW
Waucoma, IA 52171
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Lynch Livestock and the job title as the subject of your email application.