Job ID 37627
Experience 10 years
The Production Manager for Prestage Farms of Mississippi will be responsible for the management of 16,000 sows of multiplication and 32,000 sows of commercial production located within a 50-mile radius of our office in West Point, Mississippi. The Production Manager will also be responsible for operating revenue and managing costs for the Mississippi operations.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction through managers focused on their areas of specialization.
- Develop, manage, and support a competent and capable multi-level staff. Build and manage a workforce based on the organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs. Ensure that employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised and rewarded. Proactively address performance problems when they occur. Foster a workplace that supports the development of others, facilitates teamwork, and leads constructive and prompt resolution of conflicts.
- Assist in the development and execution of monitoring programs of pig production and genetic management. Focus on employee safety and herd biosecurity while maintaining compliance to environmental and labor regulation.
- Optimize the financial performance of the company by improving productivity and managing costs. Monitor expenditures using cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
- Ensure successful implementation of Standard Operating Procedures to produce repeatable and measurable results throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Participate in developing new husbandry practices or improve existing husbandry practices for pigs in all phases of production.
- Develop and execute training tools and adapt new technologies into daily management.
- University Degree in agricultural or business-related fields
- A minimum of ten years of experience within intensive swine production systems
- Expert understanding of live pig production and systems management
- Working knowledge of contemporary data/production reporting systems
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach a diverse team while building their technical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are required including presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications
- Proven problem solver
Prestage Farms Background
What began with 500 sows in 1983 is now one of the nation’s largest family-owned and operated pork producers. Prestage Farms has approximately 180,000 sows which are bred, fed, and managed for the production of lean, nutritious pork. Prestage Farms operates in North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Iowa, and Oklahoma. We produce nearly 1.5 billion pounds of pork annually and are very competitive nationally in production and cost statistics.
Our production facilities consist of both contract and company-owned farrow-to-wean sow farms, nursery, and finishing sites. These facilities are designed to optimize the environment in which the animals live. Our facilities and equipment are operated in a safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible manner. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy for any production practice that results in a detriment to our animals or the earth’s natural resources.