Job ID 37396
Experience 3-5 years
We are seeking a highly capable individual for the position of Pork Production Specialist within the US Pork Business Unit. Primary responsibilities include working in collaboration with Zoetis account teams in an assigned Area to reinforce Zoetis production solutions at the farm level of targeted customers. The incumbent will be tasked with educating customer caregivers on husbandry techniques and Zoetis products including early disease identification, proper administration of appropriate medications, adequate data recording and enforcement of outlined production SOPs.
The location for this position can be in the Midwestern US, IA is preferred.
· The primary goals of the incumbent will be to improve the level of care and awareness in sow farms / nurseries / wean to finish / finisher barns, improve the quality of the interventions implemented and return a high level of value recognized by the selected accounts, as measured by improved heath and productivity parameters. The final objectives and metrics will be decided upon by the producer’s management team and the AM/RBD (Regional Business Director).
· Work as part of an integrated account team alongside the Account Manager(AM) and Technical Services (TS) to provide value and influence proper implementation of outlined protocols at the production level.
· Provide a competitive advantage for Zoetis by driving seamless protocol execution in the customers’ operation through caregiver education and training.
· Be the primary conduit for accelerated implementation of the Zoetis Individual Pig Care, Individual Sow Care, Day 1 Pig Care and Vaccinologist training at the farm level.
· While on farm, work daily with caregivers to improve techniques while walking the pens to identify issues at the pig, pen and barn level, which may be addressed in protocols with a Zoetis solution.
· Under the guidance of the RBD and in collaboration with the AM, TS and target customer(s) management team, develop a work plan to improve husbandry techniques and implement/reinforce Zoetis solutions.
· Provide regular updates on the plan of action to the producer’s management/training team and reflect their feedback in subsequent steps of the implementation.
· Seek regular feedback from RBD and the account teams and incorporate into action plans with customers.
· Utilizing Zoetis resources including Technical Services and Learning & Development, continue to increase individual skill level and product knowledge to provide additional value to the customers in the Pork Business Unit
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associate or Bachelors degree in Agricultural Education, Animal Sciences, Agri-Business, Pre-Vet, Agricultural Economics or the equivalent preferred.
· 5 years in swine production 3 years in a position of managing, educating and/or training (real-world situations) preferred. Nursery, finishing and wean to finish experience necessary as well.
· Strong understanding of pork production, strong ability to see and evaluate differences in livestock and have experience with providing animal care at a high level
· Demonstrated expertise in communication problem-solving, execution and attention to detail
· Experience in areas including ventilation and group sow housing preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Fluency in the Spanish language – at a minimum conversational Spanish at the barn level
· Effective in partnering with all members of the Business unit and of customers’ team (caregivers, managers, owners) and be able to effectively engage interdisciplinary stakeholders.
· Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn Zoetis systems)
· Must be creative and be able to initiate new ideas and approaches.
· Possess strong abilities to discern and adapt to various personality styles, in order to translate individual plans and strategies into meaningful actions.
· Must be able to gain the trust and support from the producer’s team and to convey added value to these stakeholders.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Possess superior listening, observation and verbal communication skills
· Strong teaching/educational abilities and have the ability to communicate with the production management of relevant accounts.
· Passion for the livestock industry, the animals and the people who care for them.
· Flexible to last minute changes and able to problem solve
· Self-starter and self-motivator
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to travel extensively – Travel comprising 50-60% overnight stays, some evening and occasional weekend work is a requirement of the position.
· Ability to work in Modern Swine Production facilities
· Ability to assist in observing, moving, treating, and lifting pigs in modern swine facilities.