1. Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
2. Follow all production guidelines as established in company production manual.
3. Monitor feed inventory and order when necessary
4. Ensure farm paperwork is completed accurately and on time
5. Review reports of wean to market performance and implement action plans to improve performance when warranted
• Follow site specific bio-security protocols and ensure visitors adhere to protocols
• Take appropriate measures to ensure bio-security audit deficiencies are corrected and brought into compliance in a timely manner
7. Animal Welfare
• Adhere to all animal welfare and PQA guidelines.
• Participate as requested in animal welfare audits and ensure any recommended corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
• Sort and load feeder pigs, market hogs
• Vaccinate and treat pigs ranging from wean pigs to market hogs
• Remove mortalities to designated area in timely manner
8. Ventilation Controls
• Monitor and ensure entire ventilation system is in good working order
• Regularly monitor the environment to achieve optimum comfort for the animals
9. Facility Maintenance
• The facility must be maintained, clean, and well kept
• Complete routine maintenance daily
• Communicate non-routine repairs to the Barn Owner
• Maintain up-to-date safety sign off sheets
Work Environment: The nature of the business requires extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee often works inside swine confinement building and may work with exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Noise level in work area is usually loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
Travel: The employee may be required to travel to other locations, conferences, educational opportunities, and other job related activities.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
Required Education and Experience: Associates Degree in Business Management, Animal Science or related program.
Experience in wean to market swine production necessary. Agriculture background preferred but not required.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with field staff
• Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
• Obtain PQA Plus Certification
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state The Equity and the job title as the subject of your email application.