Job ID 40016
Career Level Others
Experience 1-3 years
Nature of Position:
Manage all of the pig flow in a region for all animal movements that are needed from farm to farm and farm to plant. This includes managing space needs and forecasting. This also includes oversight of the marketing plan for finished pigs and making adjustments to that plan as necessary based on weights and needs of the business. This is an “on call” position so must be accessible outside of normal working hours.
(Order of essential functions does not indicate importance of function)
- Establish, maintain, and communicate the flow of weaned pigs throughout the region.
- Manage the overstock pig movement needs/timing and communicate those needs.
- Utilizing multiple data sources, provide forecasting and secure slots with plants for marketing needs.
- Work with the grow finish team to establish weekly marketing’s.
- Manage and communicate sudden changes in pig flow and marketing.
- Work closely with the transportation manager on movement needs and how to efficiently complete those movements.
- Coordinate with sow farms on weaned pig projections.
- Provide technical direction and education/training for all items related to the flow and marketing of pigs.
- Identify and lead change on process improvement opportunities that relate to pig flow and animal marketing.
- Provide a backup role to the transportation manager.
- Embrace and live out the company’s mission, values, and goals.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by regional director.
- Effective communication with the team.
- Influence the actions/opinions of others in the desired direction based on sound facts/reasoning.
- Take action in solving problems while exhibiting good judgement.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Create win/win relationships with coworkers and production partners.
- Focus on the details.
- Organize and prioritize tasks.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial swine production
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, and related software
- Be on call at all times (excluding vacation)
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science
- 3 years’ experience related to this position.
- General climate-controlled office environment
- Required to be able to operate all office equipment, sit for long periods with extended computer work sessions.
- Temperature at work sites will vary depending upon season and location.
- Exposure to various elements inherent with agriculture production
- The noise level in the work environment is general moderate.
This position is a salaried position and the person hired for the job would report directly to the Regional Director.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
- Better Futures Program – Online Classes or select 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Supervisor Development Program: Opportunity to grow your career through leadership training.
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work