Job ID 38895
Experience Prior experience preferred
Position Overview & Responsibilities: Perform animal mortality, manure, and water system operational tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Complete schedule projects to timeline and quality standards of company. Effectively work with production and maintenance staff to maximize quality of work and productivity of departments.
Major Areas of Accountability:
ANIMAL MORTALITY SYSTEM OPERATIONS
- Daily pick up and removal of animal mortalities according to biosecurity protocols.
- Daily operation of mortality disposal system
- Load mortalities
- Removal and dispose of ash
- Create compost windrows
- Turn compost windrows
- Dispose of completed compost material
- Dropoff mortalities
- Complete required animal mortality system monitoring forms.
MANURE SYSTEM OPERATIONS
- Complete required manure system monitoring forms
- Monitor manure storage levels
- Monitor lift station operations
- Operate manure separator
- Remove manure solids from manure separator and deliver to the fields.
- Operate wheel loader, tractor, skid-steer, manure application equipment (liquid and solid), and other equipment as needed with accuracy.
- Cleaning of equipment including but not limited to power washing
WATER SYSTEM OPERATIONS
- Monitor water system operations
- Repair equipment specific to CFF and its producers
- Perform scheduled repairs to company quality and cost standards.
- Provide service and labor for farm group
- Perform general carpentry, plumbing, and steel repair.
- Provide labor for or lead other projects
- Asset Maintenance Program
- Execute maintenance procedures on animal mortality system (wheel loaders, tractors, skid-steer, trailers, incinerator, etc).
- Execute maintenance procedures on manure system (manure storage areas, lift stations, manure separators, etc).
- Execute maintenance procedures on assigned farms.
SEASONAL EQUIPMENT PREPARATION
- Prepare equipment for use
- Maintain and properly store equipment not in use.
- Landscape maintenance, weed eating, seeding, and tree planting projects.
- Operate lawn mowing and other site care equipment such as weed trimmer, pesticide sprayers, and tractors.
- Participate in snow removal, grounds keeping, and various seasonal preparations.