Job ID 39806
Experience Prior experience preferred
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
This position analyzes market data by group and flow and provides summarized data and opinion to Marketing Managers all in an effort to get the right pig to the right place at the right time. In addition to this, this position will generate various reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis and provide such reports to various users as needed such as Marketing Managers, Directors, and Senior Management. Additionally, this position will get involved in providing solutions to immediate problems as they arise as they relate to the movement of pigs from the farm to the packer.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Market Load Scheduling -Predicting, entering, adjusting, and reporting on scheduled loads of market hogs
- Adjustment of scheduled closeout loads to ensure required down days are met.
- Review of scheduled loads and pigs committed to packers and recommend changes as needed
- Daily Load Reporting to Market Managers and farms involved in the loads
- Based on actual load results, recommendations are made and schedules are adjusted accordingly
- Reconcile schedule versus book to minimize transportation issues
- Negotiate open market sales with packers as needed to receive best value taking into account base price, net grade and sort and freight.
- Develop and maintain relationships with procurement personnel at our primary packers
- Work directly with packers and transportation department when dealing with schedule changes, loads not arriving on time as well as providing estimated delivery numbers as requested by packers.
- Review all loads to ensure they meet their drug withdrawal requirements
- Involvement in redoing the schedule as a result of various issues as they arise (i.e. weather related issues, animal welfare issues)
- Generation, distribution and entry of information of 007 and 749 forms
- Daily entry of load results into schedule as they are received from packers
- Compilation of data used for weekly management report and market manager score cards
- Generation and distribution of large load crew scheduled loads
- Generation of various daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Upon completion of training, regular rotation of after-hours coverage
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum formal education required: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Other Technical Skills required:
- Requires outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Must have a results-oriented work ethic, be dependable and have a drive for continuous process improvement.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals, both verbally and in writing.
- Must manage time and priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have the ability to work within a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to effectively build strong working relationships with a variety of people, both internal and external of the organization.
- Marketing Coordinator Manager