Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
MANURE SEPARATOR TECHNICIAN
Peak Pork Finisher (St. Pierre-Jolys, MB area) – Full Time Position
The Manure Separator Technician will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation and troubleshooting of the manure separator at Peak Pork. You will report to the Finisher Barn Manager. Duties include attending alarms at the manure shed, as well as helping with maintenance work at Peak Pork Finishing.
• Oversee the day to day operation of the manure separator, ensuring all systems are operating
• Routine maintenance such as greasing, checking belts and pumps
• Work with overseas vendor to trouble shoot system
• Track chemical usage and ensure that management is aware of stock on hand
• Respond to alarms in the manure shed
• General carpentry
• Basic plumbing
• Cleaning and organizing
• Farm tractor operation
• H2S Awareness training or related training considered an asset
• One to three years related experience in general maintenance
• Basic welding is preferable
• Self-directed/motivated team player
• Good computer knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a barn atmosphere
• Ability to work independently and safely
• Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
• An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
• A valid driver’s license, with reliable transportation to travel to various locations within the business operation is required
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf Agri-Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.