Job ID 37982
Experience Previous experience required
Christensen Farms is one of the largest, family-owned pork producers in the United States, marketing approximately 3 million hogs per year. Headquartered in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, the company operates throughout the Midwest with facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota. Christensen Farms owns four feed mills, manages 145,000 sows on 44 farms, and oversees more than 350 nurseries and grow-finish sites. The company employs nearly 1,000 people and maintains 1,500 contract partnerships.
The company is vertically integrated with a strong presence across the pork value chain – from farm to fork. Christensen Farms is the largest shareholder of Triumph Foods LLC, a producer-owned primary pork processing plant in St. Joseph, Missouri. In turn, Triumph Foods members own 50 percent of Daily’s Premium Meats, a specialty pork processor of bacon and other premium pork products. Triumph Foods also holds a 50 percent partnership in Seaboard Triumph Foods, LLC of Sioux City, Iowa, a primary pork processing plant.
Position Overview & Responsibilities: The Manager, Talent Management is responsible for creating and maintaining partnerships with department leaders on the development and execution of talent management initiatives that support Christensen Farms strategic plan. This position has functional responsibility for HR Business Partnership and people processes in the following disciplines: Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Orientation and Onboarding. This involves partnering with Christensen Farms leaders to thoroughly understand business priorities and translating these into practical initiatives and processes. This person will be a proactive member of the Human Resources team and contribute to the strategic direction of talent management within CF.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Business Partnership
- Proactively engages with business leaders to understand business needs and develop people plans with them to improve business outcomes.
- Is a visible member of the HR team throughout the organization by traveling to locations to gain an understanding of our opportunities to improve CF’s employee experience.
- Uses internal and external data to analyze areas to provide insight into CF’s people programs and processes.
- Talent Acquisitions
- Provides leadership, management and coaching to the Talent Acquisition Supervisor and broader team.
- Partners with the Training and Development team on when and where to train and develop existing employees and when to acquire new talent.
- Identifies opportunities to engage in community initiatives that will result in a better employer brand and applicant pipeline.
- Orientation and Onboarding
- In partnership with business leaders, managers, the training and development team and talent acquisition develop and execute best in class orientation and onboarding programs for CF’s diverse teams and team members.
- Employee Engagement
- Leads organizational employee engagement initiatives through surveys and action planning.
- Coach managers on best practices to address opportunities for improvement employee engagement.
- Facilitates cross functional discussion groups to address engagement opportunities
- Performance Management
- Develop, implement, and lead performance management processes that aligns with CF’s values and aspirations to be the industry leader.
- Support HR team members, managers and employees through progressive disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Employee Relations
- Provides support and guidance to HR Generalist, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and employment law.
- Team Leadership
- Manages Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations and HR Generalist teams.
- Provides training and development opportunities within direct area of management as well as the broader HR team as necessary.
- Participates in other HR activities, including committees and other special projects as assigned.