Job ID 39887
Experience Previous experience required
Position Overview & Responsibilities: In your primary job function you will be accountable for daily direction and technical development of maintenance & reliability technicians and maintenance & reliability lead technicians. You will ensure execution of company and producer facility repair, maintenance, and renovation. You will provide daily in-field leadership, including on-job follow-up and coaching. You will need to effectively utilize and apply labor, equipment, and material resources to achieve quality expectations, to meet stated deadlines, and to manage cost for optimum value. Schedule and review department metrics and performance results for your team. Implement best practices to ensure reliability and profitability of the department as it relates to organizational objectives.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Technical direction and in field leadership of maintenance and reliability technicians.
- Ensure execution of priority work orders, scheduled repairs, and maintenance practices.
- Schedule and Plan, CBM’s, PDM’s, PM’s, and repairs.
- Management of internal and external labor resources.
- Communication to and support of production managers.
- Understand and ensure application of bio-security protocol.
- Ensure safety requirements are met and safe practices are exercised.
- Conduct random audits of staff for both biosecurity and timecard entries.
- Scheduling efficiency to achieve maximum productivity and meet deadlines.
- Ensure timely and accurate work order information flow between field staff, customer, and administration.
- Contribute to the improvement of facilities and reduced total cost by means of TQM.
- Ensure care and proper use of company assets, including vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Contribute and participate with facility renovation and repair processes.
- Lead department meetings, ensure value of meetings through utilization of meetings processes.
- Ensure we are creating a safe and healthy work environment for staff and compliant with permit required safety initiatives.
- Assist in reviewing and hiring of maintenance & reliability technicians.
- Provide timely and accurate information to Production Management and Asset Management on work order progress or challenges
- Review repair service key indicators and identify opportunities, develop, and implement improvements, and recognize and reward areas of excellence.
- Execute hiring of sub-contractors and completion of sub-contracts to meet CF legal and cost
- Comply with CF purchasing process to ensure best value decisions
- Bring forth value added proposition plans for departmental and asset health improvements.
- Participate with and contribute to repair management group implementing best practices.
- Utilize and participate with human resource processes and tools for staff leadership, direction, and management
- Exemplify and lead by in-field example, execution of business plan objectives, and understanding the department purpose in support of the company mission.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements:
- The individual must perform responsibilities to meet operational workflow, be profit driven and customer oriented. You must possess the ability to work in a collaborative environment. You need to have the ability to adapt time and efforts in priority areas. Have a strong desire to learn equipment and systems. Must possess basic skills in communication, electrical, plumbing, framing, and mechanical, masonry, troubleshooting and problem solving, documentation, safety, and computers.
Christensen Farms is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization. No employee of CF will discriminate against any applicant for employment or a fellow employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law.