SUMMARY: Employee will be responsible for safely receiving and sorting all incoming animals, and completing any tasks that are needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be capable of regular and predictable attendance
– Able to work overtime and weekends as needed
– Able to work holidays as needed
• Receive all incoming animals, communicating effectively with the driver.
• Count and record all animals as they come off the truck.
• Fill out pen cards per group keeping each group separate.
• Sort animals for size and quality, identify accordingly.
• Identify and label isolation pens (US animals, Canada animals, condemns)
• Fill out and complete bill of lading per load when necessary.
• Communicate and coordinate unloading with USDA inspector onsite.
• Clean chute and receiving area after each load.
• Assist in moving animals to harvest floor.
• Maintain a clean and organized livestock yard.
• Communicate any issues or concerns with harvest floor supervisor.
• Communicate with hot scale worker to confirm correct group of animals being entered.
• Report any issues/concerns to plant manager or general manager.
• Assist where needed to maintain a safe and steady flow of animals.
• In order to effectively communicate with the truck drivers, this position requires that the employee be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
• Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus.
• Livestock handling preferred but will train
• Ability to plan time wisely
• Maintain certification and follow all TQA Guidelines in the Humane Handling of Livestock
BENEFITS:Health, Life, Short & Long term Disability, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Flex Spending Plan, Wellness Program, EAP, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Paid Sick Days, Competitive Wage and Great People to work with!
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment and physical characteristics are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Refer to the “Essential and Marginal Function Analysis” statement for a complete description of essential functions and functional requirements.
EEO- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Post-Offer Physical
Click HERE to print off a job application.
Submit your application by fax: 563.552.7444
Attn: Human Resources
331 3rd St. NW
Waucoma, IA 52171
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Lynch Livestock and the job title as the subject of your email application.