We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
POSITION TITLE: Journeyperson Electrician
LOCATION: Saskatoon, SK area – Full Time
Reporting to the Manager, Capital Projects & Maintenance, the candidate will be responsible for providing general electrical support for Maple Leaf Agri Farms facilities in Sasktatchewan.
• This position will include repairs and maintenance to water wells, cisterns and systems, plumbing experience/training or dual tickets would be an asset.
• Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and electrical code specifications
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, caseassemblies and other electrical components
• Repair and trouble-shoot production equipment
• Completion of required preventative maintenance schedules, work orders and equipment tracking
• Active contribution to the preventative maintenance program by submitting recommendations for improvement
• Provide on the job training on ventilation controls, alarm systems, and other equipment as required
• Conduct assessments and/or audits of facilities and/or equipment
• Document and record all finished and unfinished scheduled work orders
• Seek out and apply best practices as solutions to correct deficiencies
Must be available to travel within business operation
• Journeyperson Electrician license in the province of Saskatchewan
• Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent computer knowledge
• Self-directed/motivated team player
• Thermography training or certification would be an asset
• Ability to work in a farm atmosphere
• Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
• The ability to work at various heights and in confined spaces
• An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
• Previous Maintenance experience and experience working in the hog industry would be an asset
How to apply:
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the GREEN “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf Agri-Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this
commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all
employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this
policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day
of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable
to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must
meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.