We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
Journeyperson Electrician & Gas Fitter
Brandon, MB Area
Our company paid benefits package for full time employees includes Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, as well
as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
Reporting to the Manager, Capital Projects & Maintenance, the candidate will be responsible for providing general gas fitting and electrical support for Maple Leaf Agri Farms facilities in Manitoba.
• Repair and Maintain water delivery systems such as well pumps, cisterns pumps and controls and all associated piping infrastructure within the system.
• Obtain Electrical or Gas permits as needed
• Active contribution to the preventative maintenance program by submitting recommendations for improvement
• Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and electrical/gas fitting code specifications
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, case assemblies and other electrical components
• Install, examine, replace, repair, and provide on the job training on gas piping (propane and natural gas), unit heaters, boilers, refrigeration units, plumbing, HVAC and other related components
• Repair and trouble-shoot production equipment
• Completion of required preventative maintenance schedules, work orders and equipment tracking
• Provide on the job training on ventilation controls, alarm systems, and other equipment as required
• Conduct assessments and/or audits of facilities and/or equipment which would include Thermography scans
• Document and record all finished and unfinished scheduled work orders
• Must be available to travel within business operation
• Journeyperson Electrician license in the province of Manitoba
• Journeyperson Gas Fitter license (Class A or B) in the province of Manitoba
• Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Self-directed/motivated team player
• Excellent computer knowledge
• Ability to work in a farm atmosphere
• Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
• The ability to work at various heights and in confined spaces
• An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
• Previous Maintenance experience and experience working in the hog industry would be an asset
Please submit your resume via:
Fax # – 204-355-4404
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Maple Leaf Agri-Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.