Job ID 37076
Career Level Manager
Experience 3-5 years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
JBS Live Pork Boar Stud Production Supervisor
Cameron Oklahoma (near Ft. Smith Arkansas)
To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services for customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
JBS USA Core Values
Purpose & Scope: The Boar Stud Supervisor is responsible for working with, and leading a team that carries out the daily responsibilities of caring for the welfare of the animals, including feed, water, and health management. The Boar Stud Supervisor directly manages a team of farm employees and ensures they are working effectively and efficiently. This position will coordinate employees into a highly effective team, to produce consistent, high quality semen doses.
- Ensures animals are being cared for daily, including water, feed and management
- Builds, leads, and trains successful team members to carry out assigned tasks
- Complies with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)
- Assists in controlling costs associated with feed, supplies, and labor
- Sets long and short term targets and goals for semen quality and production.
- Maintains accurate records and reports.
- Coordinates and oversees completion of special projects.
- Makes recommendations for operational improvements.
- Conducts safety-training meetings and ensures employees are working safely.
- Performs general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Maintains open line of communication with all team members including upper management.
- Complies with the practices and principals of biosecurity to safeguard the life and health of the animals.
- Ensures welfare of animals.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
Travel: Occasional travel out of state.
- Strong communication and listening skills
- BS degree in Animal Science
Or In lieu of B.S. in Animal Science
- 3 years’ boar stud experience or 5 years’ swine experience
- Minimum of 1-year people management experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
- Ability to effectively lead a team
- Team oriented, self-motivated, positive, strong work ethics
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with common swine diseases and medications is preferred
- Ability to move, walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach, and kneel for prolonged periods
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.