Responsibilities include system diagnostics and repair, research and development as related to new and existing technologies, tracking and implementation of new software and systems, documenting and pursuing assigned tasks to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be capable of regular and predictable attendance
o Able to work overtime as needed
o Able to work holidays as needed
• Diagnose problems through troubleshooting skills, logic, and research
• Provide basic LAN/WAN support
• Provide direct support for PC users (including laptops and tablets) along with user access to network resources and applications, both locally as well as through remote access
• Provide direct support for company resources, software installs and upgrades, office relocations, and expansions
• Maintain records of hardware, software, and network inventory
• Maintain existing documentation and create new documentation as required
• Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
• Guarantee smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services, and email provision.
• Provide direct support for services such as office phones, printers, and mobile devices
• Securing data from internal and external attack
• Maintain confidential information
• Offer users with appropriate support, advice, and technical assistance
o Answer questions
o Resolve computer problems
o Manage crisis situations
• Keep up to date with the latest technologies
• Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems, remedial action, and installation activities
• Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned
• AA + 5-10 years’ experience or a BA in Information Technology
• 2 – 4 years’ experience in Information Technology
• Advanced experience working with the following:
o Windows Server Administration, Configuration, & Maintenance Windows Active Directory Administration, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
o Microsoft Hyper-V Strategy, Development, Administration, Maintenance, and Configuration
o Windows 7 and above Professional Development, Administration, Maintenance, and
o Microsoft Office Development, Administration, Maintenance, and Configuration
• Network components to include networked printing & scanning
• Dell Server & Workstation Hardware maintenance and troubleshooting (Network cards, Hard Drives,
• Experience with the following programs are beneficial:
o Ag Vision
o Great Plains
• Experience supporting PCs in a corporate environment a plus.
• Professional written and oral communication
• Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify root causes and develop resolutions to complex
• Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks, and meet deadlines
with minimal supervision.
• Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to document processes and procedures.
• Excellent customer service skills with a true desire to help fellow employees.
The work environment and physical characteristics are representative of those that an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this position. Refer to the “Essential and Marginal Function
Analysis” statement for a complete description of essential functions and functional requirements.
EEO – Pre-Employment Drug Test and Post-Offer Physical required
Click HERE to print off a job application.
Submit your application by fax: 563.552.7444
Attn: Human Resources
331 3rd St. NW
Waucoma, IA 52171
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Lynch Livestock and the job title as the subject of your email application.