Job ID 37315
Experience Prior experience preferred
Christensen Farms is one of the largest, family-owned pork producers in the United States, marketing approximately 3 million hogs per year. Headquartered in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, the company operates throughout the Midwest with facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota. Christensen Farms owns four feed mills, manages 145,000 sows on 44 farms, and oversees more than 350 nurseries and grow-finish sites. The company employees nearly 1,000 people and maintains 1,500 contract partnerships.
The company is vertically integrated with a strong presence across the pork value chain – from farm to fork. Christensen Farms is the largest shareholder of Triumph Foods LLC, a producer-owned primary pork processing plant in St. Joseph, Missouri. In turn, Triumph Food members own 50 percent of Daily’s Premium Meats, a specialty pork processor bacon and other premium pork products. Triumph Foods also holds a 50 percent partnership in Seaboard Triumph Foods, LLC of Sioux City, Iowa, a primary pork processing plant.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
This position has primary responsibility for many administrative, data-entry aspects including: HRIS entry of employee changes, new hire reporting and entry, employment verification (I-9) process, unemployment claim administration and creating and maintaining employee files. This position will strive for continuous improvement of internal processes and consistent accuracy of data entered with the ability to prioritize fluctuations in workload to meet all necessary deadlines.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Primary responsibility to verify all personnel (PAF) changes meet business rules and have all required signature’s prior to entering into the HRIS system.
- Responsibility for accurate and timely entry of employee changes, supervisor/position changes and training data into the HRIS system.
- Ensure that time clock badges are correctly assigned and ordered as necessary.
- Set up allocations for employee’s that work at multiple locations.
- Resolves HR application issues; monitors and troubleshoots various system issues.
- Ensures data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Administers HRIS security roles and permissions for users.
NEW HIRE/EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY (I-9) ADMINSTRATION
- Collection of all new hire paperwork and creation and placement in appropriate employee files.
- Accurate and timely entry of all new employees in HRIS system.
- Completion of state new hire reporting online.
- Ensure that managers complete the I-9 form with all new employees within required timeframe and be a resource to managers for any questions regarding the process.
- Enter all new hires into E-Verify system upon completion of I-9 form.
- Responsible to initially audit all new I-9’s and maintain I-9 files according to federal requirements. Ensure that all original I-9’s are received from remote locations. Responsible to manage and ensure quarterly I-9 audits are being completed.
- Maintain, change, and distribute departmental forms (labor law posters, PAF, etc.), as required.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance, regular auditing and year end shredding of all primary personnel and alternative files for employees.
- Maintains tracking/reporting of all other HR processes, as determined necessary.
- Utilize and refine internal documented processes and/or checklists to ensure all HR responsibilities are met with newly hired and terminated employees.
- Responsible to coordinate and schedule HR process training with managers. During this training with provide managers with Handbook and HR Department overview and I-9 and PAF training.
- Will act as New Employee Onboarding Platform Administrator and will be responsible to manage and update all forms in the Onboarding program as well as manage all users in the system.
- Individual will need to engage and cross train in other function areas of the HR department.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: The right candidate will possess 1 to 2 years clerical/data entry experience. Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel proficiency. Exposure to HRIS databases preferred.
- Personal Requirements: The ideal candidate must have the judgment to handle sensitive, confidential employee information, strong computer skills and attention to detail and the ability to balance priorities within a fast-paced environment. Professional and proactive, this person must prove verbal and written communication skills that reflect a sense of customer-service.
- HR Operations Manager
Management Scope and level of responsibility:
Contributor: Position without managerial responsibility.