Career Level Executive
Experience Less Than 1 Year
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organizations human resource department.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Will perform background checks and motor vehicle record checks when necessary
- Assist in recruitment by conducting phone interviews and reviewing resumes.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Will be responsible for social media and providing pictures and videos to our marketing partner.
- May back up or assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Either degree must be in Human Resources, Business Management or Marketing.
• Prior related office experience preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not necessary
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to 15-20 pounds at times.
The work environment and physical characteristics are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Refer to the “Essential and Marginal Function Analysis” statement for a complete description of essential functions and functional requirements.
EEO- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Post-Offer Physical