Job ID 37821
Experience 2+ years
Job Title: Finishing Field Supervisor
Department/Location of Position: Grow-Finish / Washington, IA
Position Reports To: Head of Grow-Finish
Minimum Starting Salary: Dependent upon experience of candidate
Primary Job Responsibilities: Directly responsible overseeing the safe and ethical care of multiple independently operated swine finishing sites within the Brenneman Pork system.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Implementation of the standard operating protocols on all assigned sites
- Provide face-to-face coaching and direction, and hands-on technical support to the site caregivers, site owners, and employees to ensure production and quality standards are properly executed
- Ensure bio-security and euthanasia policies are posted and enforced at all assigned sites
- On-call for emergencies and/or alarms unless previously coordinated prior to use of PTO.
- Consistently provide accurate records to ensure data integrity, the same day of the movement
- Responsible for up to date online door charts
- Report accurate physical movement counts and mortality reporting
- Responsible for recounts on all inventory variance greater than 2 pigs and responsible for explanation of variance
- Maintain effective communication with all site caregivers, employees, veterinary staff, and management
- Responsible for ensuring site caregivers are aware of all pig movements to and from sites Follow the Routine Vaccination and Therapeutic Medication protocol
- Communicate with manager and veterinary staff on non-diagnosed health complications Monitor and control medication usage by site/flow, including site and truck inventories
- Complete weekly schedule for following weeks’ activity and submit on Google Drive each Friday
- Complete weekly site evaluations for each assigned site and submit to MetaFarms Assurance daily
- Monitor and adjust ventilation on all barns to assure correct temperature, proper movement of CFMs, etc to ensure pig comfort
- Periodic site assessments
- Follow and ensure compliance with PQA/TQA protocols
Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in swine production
- 2+ years of experience in personnel management
- Must possess organization, leadership, production, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to use a computer effectively, including use of MS Excel, Office & Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift, move or carry up to 60 pounds with reasonable accommodation
- Agility to avoid direct physical contact with unpredictable animals
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, and squat for extended period of time on varied surfaces and capable of being on their feet for up to 10 hours a day
- Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, balance, and climb over gates up to 48 inches in height
- Must possess ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the use of hands to finger, handle, grasp or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals
- Interest or passion for producing quality pork at a competitive price to feed the world
- Respect and care for all animals is required. The ideal candidate must also possess experience in creating a culture of respect and care for all animals.
- Knowledge and enforcement of the latest industry biosecurity best practices must be observed and enforced throughout the farm.
- Individual must be dedicated, goal-oriented, motivated and able to work effectively as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills with ability to work effectively with others in a positive manner
- Able to operate and communicate effectively in a fast-passed system
- Excellent time management & organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to follow company policies and procedures precisely
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
Brenneman Pork offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, paid time off, and retirement plan.
Brenneman Pork is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Our foundation is built on our Core Values:
TEAMWORK | ACCOUNTABILITY | WORK ETHIC | LOYALTY | INTEGRITY