Job ID 38155
Experience 3-5 years
Are you looking for a better opportunity? Lynch Family Companies is growing! We offer, competitive pay and benefits, paid holidays, and time off that starts accruing immediately. Our locations promote a welcoming, family-centered atmosphere and offer many opportunities for promotion within the organization. At Lynch Family Companies, you are truly treated like family.
Responsible for overseeing the production, quality, costs and safety of the mill that produces feed for animals. They keep inventory of feed ingredients and order as needed and handle customer questions and complaints. Additionally, they ensure all employees are trained on safety and continue to stay up-to-date.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be capable of regular and predictable attendance
– Review production records
– Schedule feed production
– Keep inventory of feed ingredients and order as needed
– Test and review feed/grain quality
– Schedule employee shifts and keep track of employee time
– Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations and agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
– Provide leadership to employees
o Establish and communicate expectations
o Provide clear instructions
o Coordinate inventory control and delivery scheduling
– Work with company nutritionist and related vendors to ensure high quality, cost effective, and valueadded feed products.
– Evaluate operating procedures
– Set quality assurance standards
– Prepare and monitor monthly,-quarterly and yearly forecasts.
– Stay up to date on new technology and ways to make improvements
– Trains new employee and provide development opportunities
– Ensure all employees are trained on safety and continue to stay up-to-date
– Understand and ensure compliance with all transportation, environmental, and feed production regulations and policies.
o Focus on biosecurity, efficiency, value, and timeliness
o Monitors all feed equipment, facility, and truck maintenance and repairs
– Maintains all required records and documentation related to production, drug/supplement usage and feed transportation.
– Provide information and recommendations to upper management related to feed production/transport, and related cost reductions opportunities.
– Establish, implement, and monitor an effective preventative maintenance program and assist in appropriate repair/replace decisions.
– Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned
– Three to five years’ experience in feed sales and management.
– Strong leadership and problem solving skills
– Ability to build a strong team
– Familiar with livestock production and transportation
– Efficient in calculations, cost/benefit analysis and complex scheduling methods
– Individual must be dedicated, motivated, and able to work independently
– Basic computer skills
– Valid driver’s license and insurable under company guidelines
o May be required to obtain a CDL
– Work well with livestock customers and mill personnel
WORK SCHEDULE AND ATTENDANCE:
The work schedule will vary according to the workload and the time of year. At Lynch Family Companies, we feel the key to personal success, as well as the success of the organization, is determination, initiative, and attendance. We are seeking employees that are reliable and are committed to excellence.
The work environment and physical characteristics are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Refer to the “Essential and Marginal Function Analysis” statement for a complete description of essential functions and functional requirements.
EEO- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Post-Offer Physical