Job ID 38226
Experience Previous experience required
Hog Slat, Incorporated, is seeking an individual with strong leadership and organizational skills to fill the role of our Feed Mill Operations Manager. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to coordinate and manage the overall feed mill operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
- Oversees the daily operations of the feed mill to ensure production schedules are completed timely and accurately
- Supervise mill laborers, feed truck drivers, and office staff while focusing on team development
- Establish relationships with local grain producers to purchase corn and grain
- Maintain compliance with FDA, OSHA, and the Indiana State Chemist regulations
- Purchase ingredients and coordinate the delivery of raw materials for the feed mill
- Complete and maintain accurate inventory records
- Maintain quality control by accurately testing and reviewing feed and grain quality
- Ensure maintenance and preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed as needed
- Appropriately train employees on company practices and safety protocol
- Maintain a safe and clean feed mill environment
- Work closely with the accounting department to monitor cost records and analyze the effectiveness of feed mill practices
- Work closely with the TDM Farms, hog production company
The best candidates for the Feed Mill Manager position at Hog Slat will have all of the following previous experiences.
- Knowledge of the grain market and a basic understanding of swine production.
- Ability to manage employees effectively and communicate strongly with current mill staff
- Ability to communicate effectively with farmers
- Proven experience as a self-starter, and results driven.
- Ability to use critical thinking and judgment skills to reach the best possible solution to a problem
- Demonstrate experience or desire to facilitate, encourage, coach and lead a team to reach set goals
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
Hog Slat Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other reason prohibited under Federal State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
Click on the ‘Apply for the Job’ button to submit your application or head to: hogslat.com/career-opportunities