Experience Prior experience preferred
About the Company:
Cactus Family Farms encompasses the Pork Division of Cactus Feeders. Cactus Family Farms has hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Cactus Feeders, Inc. is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned, with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion.
The Feed Liaison Manager oversees and coordinates the nutrition program of the Nutritionist from wean to finish and sow farms. Also responsible for quality and cost control oversight and overall feed utilization by the Cactus Family Farms system.
• The Feed Liaison Manager assists and implements the nutrition program developed by the Nutritionist. This process includes, but is not limited to:
a. Manage an ingredient analyses database
b. Incorporate ingredient analyses into feed formulation software.
c. Frequent updates on the pricing of ingredients and pricing oversight by toll mills.
d. Develop and maintain relationships with toll mills managers and procurement departments
e. Review of nutrient specifications by genetic suppliers and industry specialists.
• Evaluate potential new feed ingredients and programs that provide a positive economic outcome.
• Run and analyze reports on system information on production and feed utilization outcomes.This is a continuous and ongoing analysis as economics change, and new developments in feed management improve.
• Run reports from software on feed ingredient costs and usage for the Cactus system.
• Communicate effectively with growers, sow farms, and feedmills on feed orders and deliveries to prevent feed outages and emergency orders.
• Responsible for communicating problems/issues to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Responsible for performing all duties as assigned by supervisor.
Success Factors in the Position:
• Able to effectively communicate with people involved in the feed manufacturing business and delivery processes.
• Able to understand and provide input on new technologies introduced into the swine industry.
• Able to adapt and provide input on improvements on the nutrition program of swine feed utilization in a positive economic outcome.
• Able to assist on emergency feed orders that will occur during off hours.
• Able to relate to routine operations in a manner consistent with existing solutions to problems; to conform to established policies and procedures.
• Self-motivated and dedicated to the company.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
• A minimum of a Masters’ Degree in animal science and strongly preferred to have expertise in swine nutrition. (Required)
• Have a demonstrated understanding of nutrient analyses and feed formulation software.
• Maintain an acceptable MVR determined by Cactus Family Farms.
• Have knowledge or appreciation of the commercial swine industry.
• Have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and related computer skills.
• Be able to communicate in English orally and in writing form.
Benefits and Pay:
• Salaried position with compensation based on education, skills, and experience
• Full coverage benefits package – Health + Dental + Vision
• 100% Employee Owned Company offering a 100% paid retirement plan through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
• Life Insurance
Cactus Family Farms LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.