The Farrowing Department Lead is responsible for managing and directing the daily operations of the farrowing department. He or she is responsible for leading employees within the department and managing the daily tasks through training and instruction. This person must work closely with the Breeding Lead, Gestation Lead and Sow Farm Manager to ensure success of the farm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Complies with the practices and principals of biosecurity to safeguard the life and health of the swine herd
· Assists other departments as necessary to ensure daily tasks are completed
· Assists in other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Ability to walk, stand, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to follow directions
· Ability to work in fast paced environment
· Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your cover letter and resume. Please state Riverview Farms, Inc. and the job title as the subject line of your email application.