PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide leadership and direct oversight for the purchase, distribution and inventory management of Iowa Select Farms and New Modern Concepts. Includes but not limited purchases of on farm production supplies, animal health products, building equipment, building construction materials, fleet management, and fuel and energy purchasing.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violation.
· Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Responsible for directly managing ISF warehouse and distribution facilities in Iowa. Includes oversight of security, maintenance, and employees at each facility.
· Ensure warehouse shelves are properly stocked and supplies are being received, inventoried and distributed properly to maintain accuracy of inventory records.
· Responsible for inventory management including forecasting and establishing inventory targets based on business demand, changes and trends.
· Responsible for economically optimal and bio-secure delivery of materials and supplies to our farm and construction locations (approximately 1000 sites).
· Review purchase requisitions, solicit bid proposals and prepare purchase orders for all goods and services.
· Negotiate pricing with suppliers and ensure on-time delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment.
· Prepare and monitor budgeting and financial records for the department.
· Responsible for propane supply management including contract negotiation and logistics oversight for the distribution of propane to approximately 1000 sites.
· Provide oversight for fleet management of approximately 300 service vehicles, 150 animal movement vehicles and 150 livestock trailers. Includes purchasing, fuel management, service and inventory management of the fleet.
· Work with and provide customer support to multiple teams responsible for daily operations.
· Work with finance team to provide reporting of inventory, price, and usage variances to operations teams.
· Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
· Assist in physical inventory counts and reconciliation of inventory variances.
· Assist in any other warehouse duties as needed
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on the success of the company, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready effectively manage multiple competing demands.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during staffing challenges is required.
· Demonstrated ability to manage teams in remote locations.
· Achieve consistent results.
· Provide a unified leadership message with department managers.
· Be effective in conflict resolution by addressing conflict quickly to keep moral within department high.
· Take action immediately by partnering with appropriate departments when made aware of policy violations.
· Communicate and prioritize daily execution of tasks.
· Motivate others to accomplish goals and tasks.
· Responsible for development and training of employees by utilizing your resources and supervisors, asking for help where needed.
· Provide constructive and motivating feedback on employee’s performance and communicate with supervisor regarding this feedback.
· Timely documentation utilizing MEP tools.
Bilingual: Not required
Education/ Experience: BA in Business or related field and a minimum of two years management experience required. MA in related field is preferred. Must be computer literate and proficient in Sage 100 or comparable ERP system and all Microsoft Office programs.
Qualification: Demonstrated ability in supply change management in agriculture or similar industry. Demonstrated success of results in supply chain management, purchasing and leadership.
Standard work hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at Corporate office with occasional weekend and evening hours as required.
This person must demonstrate sound time-management skills by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing, and completing multiple assignments in a timely manner. They must be able to establish and carry out specific courses of action for self and/ or groups by organizing and prioritizing tasks. Must be able to create and participate in a team environment. Be able to effectively communicate orally, in person and over the telephone, and in writing, using electronic devises and handwritten, with other employees and organizational contacts. The employee must always present a professional image in dress, language and action at all times promoting trust and confidence in the team and the organization.
Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 pounds without assistance, as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. The employee must have the ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on project such as computer screen or detailed paperwork. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or animals. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The environment the employee will be working in is a climate-controlled office with hazards typical to that environment. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.