Job ID 36110
Experience Prior experience preferred
Hord Farms is seeking an enthusiastic, people-oriented, results-driven leader with an extensive background in the pork industry to help take our production team to the next level. Are you the one who’s ready to rise to the challenge?
Who We Are:
Hord Farms is a 5th generation, family-owned agribusiness located in North-Central Ohio. We market over 800,000 pigs annually and farm over 8,000 acres. Our pigs are primarily born at our company-owned sow farms, and we work with farmers throughout the Eastern Region to raise the pigs for market. We also operate our own internal feed milling and logistics divisions to feed and transport our pigs.
A Day in the Life:
This key position serves as the active leader of all pig production by directing the operations within sow and gilt facilities and as a key member of the senior leadership team within Hord Farms. The Director of Sow Production will respect, exude, and engage others in the Hord culture, vision, mission, and values and communicate production and leadership strategy to foster team member engagement, ensure production practices are properly executed, and ultimately achieve production targets.
What You Need:
- An active and extensive background in pork production, with a bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in production, animal agriculture, business, economics, or the equivalent of such, preferred
- Knowledge of all aspects of sow production, animal husbandry, and industry standard operating procedures
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, problem-solving, multi-tasking, time management, and communication skills
- Ambition and vision to inspire and develop others
- Ability to collaborate with diverse personalities and roles, both internally and externally
- Experience utilizing data to monitor and manage production costs and animal performance, identifying areas of opportunity for continuous improvement and efficiency
- Willingness to routinely travel to various worksites and periodically travel to industry and company events requiring overnight stays
- Interested candidates not already living in the North-Central Ohio region, must be willing to relocate within reasonable proximity to Hord Farms offices and farm locations
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Paid vacation, personal days, and holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (starting at less than $20/pay)
- 401k with company match
We look forward to talking to you more in depth about the opportunities at HORD!