Hog Slat, Incorporated, the world’s leading provider of parts, equipment and turn-key construction to the swine & poultry industries is seeking a Counter Sales Representative with previous hog farming industry experience and excellent customer service skills to join the team at our Elizabethtown, NC retail location.
At Hog Slat, Incorporated, our more than 90 retail store locations serve as a major driving force to our position as a world leader. As Counter Sales Representative, your primary responsibilities will include effectively communicating features and benefits of products in the Hog Slat store to customers and assisting customers in choosing the equipment that will best serve their needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
· Work with Hog Slat retail customers, both in-store and over the phone, to understand their needs
· Recommend to customers the best parts & equipment available at Hog Slat with which their needs can be addressed
· Educate customers on new products and special promotions as well as promote Hog Slat and Grower Select products
· Properly operate office equipment, handle cash transactions, and efficiently utilize computer operating systems
· Assist with inventory management including unloading the stock truck with a forklift, shelving product, and performing cycle counts
· Join the rest of the store team members in the tasks required to maintain a clean and orderly store
· Arrive at the store on-time and ready to work for all scheduled store hours
· Take advantage of training opportunities offered by Hog Slat and by our vendors
· Continually upgrade industry knowledge
The best candidates for the Counter Sales Representative position at Hog Slat will have all of the following previous experiences. In the event that we do not find qualified candidates with experience in both hog equipment and customer service, we will consider those with one or the other along with a combination of the other competencies listed below.
· Ideal candidate will have knowledge of the hog farming industry
· Knowledge of parts and equipment used in modern hog operations is strongly preferred
· Previous customer service experience is strongly preferred
· Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate a mechanical aptitude
· Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs.
· Must be willing and able to obtain fork lift certification and use a fork lift regularly
· Understanding of the use of E-Mail and Microsoft Office products in daily tasks
· Ability to quickly learn inventory management software
· Must possess a valid driver license
· PREFER at least 1 year working in a modern hog farming operation
· Familiarity with the local hog industry and the hog producers in the area will be considered a plus
The most qualified will have the following personal characteristics:
·Strong organizational skills
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work independently
· Works well within a team setting
·Good attendance record
Hog Slat Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other reason prohibited under Federal State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements..
Apply online by clicking HERE!.