Job ID 37697
Experience Prior experience preferred
Christensen Farms is one of the largest, family-owned pork producers in the United States, marketing approximately 3 million hogs per year. Headquartered in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, the company operates throughout the Midwest with facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota. Christensen Farms owns four feed mills, manages 145,000 sows on 44 farms, and oversees more than 350 nurseries and grow-finish sites. The company employees nearly 1,000 people and maintains 1,500 contract partnerships.
The company is vertically integrated with a strong presence across the pork value chain from farm to fork. Christensen Farms is the largest shareholder of Triumph Foods LLC, a producer-owned primary pork processing plant in St. Joseph, Missouri. In turn, Triumph Food members own 50 percent of Daily’s Premium Meats, a specialty pork processor bacon and other premium pork products. Triumph Foods also holds a 50 percent partnership in Seaboard Triumph Foods, LLC of Sioux City, Iowa, a primary pork processing plant.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Christensen Farms is dedicated to training and developing talented employees. As part of this initiative, Christensen Farms offers a Communications Internship program geared towards college students pursuing a degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing, Public Relations or similar degree. The Communications Internship Program is an opportunity that provides students with exposure to a leading swine production company and the important role in driving positive corporate presence, employee engagement, reputation, transparency and more through the creation and development of print, digital and educational materials, events, social media content and more, driving core business results that are both internally and externally facing. The internship program offers individuals a hands-on work and project-based experience that helps support the organizations overall goals and objectives. At times this position may also be required to facilitate company initiatives with a specific external/public focus. Competitive pay and housing provided.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager and other specified project stakeholders to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the Communications Manager and other specified project stakeholders and make necessary changes
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
- Support the maintenance of the company intranet site as primary communication vehicle for employees
- Assist in the planning, development and promotion of the marketing efforts of all projects
- Support the coordination of company staff recognition and appreciation events (picnics, holiday parties, company banquets, etc.) in appropriate geographies
- Support organizational & production strategies by supporting the coordination/creation of educational tools such as webinars, videos, etc. to aid consistent communication, implementation and execution
- Support the coordination of tours and social events
- Support the coordination and distribution of the organization’s newsletter resources, including the MVP and the Organizational newsletter
- Design branded advertisements for various events, activities, and promotions within and outside of the organization
Seeking individuals currently pursuing either an Associates or Bachelors degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent degree. Qualified individuals will display a strong passion for working in swine production and agriculture. Students must be able to commit to a minimum 10 week duration spanning from the end of May through the first week in August.
Christensen Farms is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization. No employee of CF will discriminate against any applicant for employment or a fellow employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law.