Job ID 39712
Experience Prior experience preferred
Position Overview: The Commodity Risk Management Coordinator is a vital role in CF’s efforts to effectively manage and mitigate risks associated with commodity trading and pricing fluctuations. The primary focus of this role is facilitating communication, coordinating operational activities, and maintaining accurate records to support our risk management & hedging strategies. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including traders, finance and accounting, to ensure the successful execution of risk management initiatives.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Position Monitoring: Conduct thorough and timely monitoring of commodity positions for hogs, corn, soybeans and energy markets. Regularly update and reconcile positions to ensure accuracy and alignment with risk management strategies.
- Mark to Market and Reporting: Administer daily mark-to-market valuation of positions, ensuring real-time awareness of portfolio performance. Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on position valuations, risk exposure, and performance metrics for different markets.
- Hedge Strategy Support: Collaborate closely with risk management team to facilitate the execution of hedging strategies across all markets. Ensure seamless trade execution, documentation, and settlement processes.
- Data Management and Integrity: Maintain meticulous records of commodity transactions, hedges, and related activities across all markets. Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Record Keeping and Documentation: Establish and maintain organized electronic and physical files for commodity trades, hedges, contracts, and relevant documents for all monitored markets.
- Risk Management Compliance: Collaborate in audits and regulatory compliance efforts, ensuring accurate recordkeeping and adherence to internal procedures and industry regulations within all monitored markets.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster effective collaboration with finance & accounting, operations, supply chain and marketing teams, ensuring alignment and streamlined coordination of activities across markets.
- Projects and Support: Support or lead projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, business administration or a related field or equivalent working experiences.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data management and recordkeeping.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant software.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and across departments.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with risk management principles and commodity hedging is advantageous.
- Prior experience in administrative roles or finance-related functions preferred.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a willingness to learn about commodity risk management and hedging.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to handle changing priorities and tasks.
- Integrity and professionalism in handling sensitive financial information.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot administrative challenges.
- Interest in the agriculture industry, particularly pig farming and commodity markets.
Christensen Farms is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization. No employee of CF will discriminate against any applicant for employment or a fellow employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law.