Job ID 36937
Experience 3-5 years
Class 1 Driver
Arborg Feed Mill – Full Time Positions
Our company paid benefits package for full time employees includes Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term
Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
The Feed Truck Driver is responsible for the efficient delivery of feed products while providing courteous, quality-conscious
customer service as set out by Maple Leaf Agri-Farms company guidelines.
– Provides quality customer service
– Delivers loads of feed as assigned by dispatcher
– Performs daily pre-trip, and weekly truck/trailer inspections
– Reports and discusses truck/trailer maintenance concerns with supervisor
– Maintains log book as required
– Keeps tractor/trailer unit clean and well organized, both inside and out, notwithstanding inclement weather conditions and the demand for on-time feed delivery
– Performs all paperwork according to business requirements
– Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays
– Ability to work in extreme temperatures ranging from +40 to -40 degrees Celsius
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
– Valid Class 1A Driver’s License with favorable Driver’s Abstract
– 3-5 years of experience driving truck/trailer unit
– Strong communication skills, both oral and written
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible