Job ID 36714
Experience Prior experience preferred
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting need and the securing of new funding.
- Create, coordinate and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate and conservation of assets.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans. Train the Finance staff members on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to banking institutions, development and monitoring of organizational and budgets.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure and position control documents, department budgets, mass salary updates, ledger and account maintenance and data entry.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing and auditing procedures.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems.
- Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to start a business.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Establish and improve short-and long-range department goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Oversee financial management of outlying operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Work requires professional and written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Master Degree in Finance or Accounting, ten years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Essential Job Functions
- Attendance – Must be able to maintain a regular and reliable attendance record.
- Normal Work Hours- 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday; overtime as needed, occasional weekend work required
- Physical Standards – Must meet physical standards as set forth by the ADA job description.
Driver’s License & Record – Employee must maintain valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured with our vehicle insurance company