TriOak Foods is looking to fill one full time position as a Business Development / Regulatory / Environmental Manager based out of Southeast Iowa.
The nature of this position:
This position is an ambassador for all things TriOak. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with our neighbors, regulators, and those we do business with, while educating them on the benefits and challenges of livestock production, is key to this position. Additionally, this role will be responsible for maintaining TriOak assets and coordinating efforts to achieve and maintain a TriOak Proud status on those assets. Displaying TriOak’s culture and core values in interactions among our neighbors and within our communities is critical in this position.
Successful candidates will need to be able to perform the following essential tasks for this position:
- Build and maintain positive relationships with neighbors to all owned facilities as well as all regulatory partners.
- Manage neighbor issues as may arise (odors, noise, roads, etc.).
- Understanding and knowledge of rules and regulations of the swine livestock industry.
- Site permitting (regulations, engineering, locating, setbacks, community meetings, etc.).
- Oversee the coordination of company owned nutrient management plans and all manure applications on TriOak owned sites.
- Oversee that TriOak has all Manure Management Plan’s in place and current.
- Oversee all environmental permits, easements, filings, sampling, etc.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining “TriOak Proud” status on all owned finishers.
- Work with finishing manager on planning /executing capital items on TriOak owned finishers.
- Responsible to perform duties as assigned by supervisor.
To be successful in this position the person must have the:
- Ability to influence the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting good judgment.
- Ability to use a System Improvement Model and Leadership Imperatives to work through problems and make decisions.
- Ability to create win/win relationships with subordinate employees.
- Ability to work unsupervised while getting daily work completed on time.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Two-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Maintain an acceptable MVR as determined by TriOak.
- Be willing to be on call 365 days a year, 24 hours per day, excluding vacation.
- Be able to communicate in English orally and in written format.
- Occasional travel may be required. Could include overnights.
- Hours of work could be longer during certain times of the year.
- Must be able to work safely.