Christensen Farms is one of the largest, family-owned pork producers in the United States, marketing approximately 3 million hogs per year. Headquartered in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, the company operates throughout the Midwest with facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota. Christensen Farms owns four feed mills, manages 145,000 sows on 44 farms, and oversees more than 350 nurseries and grow-finish sites. The company employs nearly 1,000 people and maintains 1,500 contract partnerships.
The company is vertically integrated with a strong presence across the pork value chain from farm to fork. Christensen Farms is the largest shareholder of Triumph Foods LLC, a producer-owned primary pork processing plant in St. Joseph, Missouri. In turn, Triumph Foods members own 50 percent of Daily’s Premium Meats, a specialty pork processor of bacon and other premium pork products. Triumph Foods also holds a 50 percent partnership in Seaboard Triumph Foods, LLC of Sioux City, Iowa, a primary pork processing plant.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The talent acquisition team is responsible to source and match qualified candidates to the current staffing needs of our locations and departments. An individual in this role will be expected to support multiple recruiting projects and partner effectively with hiring managers to ensure an adequate level of talent is available to meet the needs of the business. A high level of self-motivation and proven ability to achieve results on a regular basis is required for success in this role. Ability to network effectively both inside and outside of the organization is essential. There must also be a high level of focus on the compliance of company policy and procedures which govern the hiring and recording of applicants and candidate selection.
This position is located in Sleepy Eye, MN with some travel to meet the objectives as needed. Being bilingual in Spanish and English is a requirement.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Direct responsibility and ownership for all entry level up to manager level recruiting across a given territory and/or department.
- Is able to lead in the development of creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies for at least 1 job family such as Accounting/Finance, Supply Chain, Transportation, Marketing, Maintenance and Reliability or Pig Production.
- Review applicant credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements and organizational fit.
- Assess candidate competencies to help facilitate the best placement of candidates
- Provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position.
- Is able to represent Christensen Farms at local and campus career fairs without support
- Maintain current knowledge and be compliant with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws.
- Pre-screens applicants for qualifications and forwards applications that meet the minimum qualifications to appropriate hiring manager for review.
- Maintain and input respective applicant records into the current Applicant Tracking system.
- Coordinates communication with candidates, timely and professionally.
- Manages the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers.
- Ensures offers of employment to selected candidates under the direction of the hiring manager and within the documented guidelines.
- Utilize internal recruitment reports to monitor applicant volume and impact other recruitment activity.
- Organizes, leads and documents post-interview debrief with interview teams and candidates.
- Leads and manages significant recruiting projects within the department as required.
Networking and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Has an in-depth and growing professional network with employment organizations, educational institutions and professional associations that align with CF talent needs.
- Is able to lead or mentor individuals within recruiting team
- Regularly spend time within the operations areas to build a foundation of knowledge and relationships with operations leaders to gain specific understanding of operational job functions, and expectations.
- Advises field staff to help lead effective recruiting and onboarding practices.
- Establish on-going dialogue with managers to understand current and future staffing levels to effectively forecast sourcing needs and other labor planning decisions.
- Participates as a member of the CF Talent Acquisition and HR team by at times leading and at all times supporting the activities of other recruiters/HR staff and operations staff when required.
- Aid in interpreting employee relations discussions and other meetings/trainings in support of HR and other departments of CF. In some occasions light translation work is necessary for company memos and newsletters.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Education: High School/2 Year College preferred. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to speak fluent Spanish.
- Experience: The right candidate will possess 1 to 2 years administrative experience. Must be skilled in using Microsoft Office products. Exposure to HRIS databases and I-Apps system is preferred.
- Additional skills required:
- Must have judgment to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- Must have great attentiveness and desire to learn.
- Ability to work with a variety of people.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and be self-motivated
Specialized or Motorized Equipment and/or Tools:
This position will require occasionally operating a company vehicle. Any employment offer extended for this position will be is contingent upon the review of the candidate’s motor vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on CFF’s insurance carrier and company policy.
Vehicle Licensing Requirements: Class D