SUMMARY: Responsible for the proper handling and procurement of livestock that includes: proper care, handling, transport, sorting, counting, weighing, and tattooing. In addition, this person will need to have a valid CDL that allows for operation of a company pick-up and gooseneck trailer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be capable of regular and predictable attendance
o Able to work overtime as needed
o Able to work weekends and holidays as needed
• Maintain accurate inventory of livestock
• Supervise and coordinate yard personnel
• CDL required for driving Gooseneck
• Hauling livestock
• Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned
• Fills in for Station Manager when needed
• Administrative responsibilities
• Valid driver’s license and insurable under company guidelines
• CDL License Required
• Maintain certification and follow all TQA Guidelines in the Humane Handling of Livestock
• General Maintenance of grounds, facilities, and equipment
o Alleyways, pens, and chutes
o Vehicles and skid steers
o Mowing and weeding
• Work well with livestock customers and plant personnel
BENEFITS:Health, Life, Short & Long term Disability, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Flex Spending Plan, Wellness Program, EAP, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Paid Sick Days, Competitive Wage and Great People to work with!
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment and physical characteristics are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Refer to the “Essential and Marginal Function Analysis” statement for a complete description of essential functions and functional requirements.
EEO- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Post-Offer Physical
Click HERE to print off a job application.
Submit your application by fax: 563.552.7444
Attn: Human Resources
331 3rd St. NW
Waucoma, IA 52171
OR click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job”button to email your resume. Please state Lynch Livestock and the job title as the subject of your email application.