Job ID 39386
Experience 2+ years
By understanding pigs’ needs and behaviors, the Animal Handling Manager is responsible for the
development of company procedures, and implementation of training and equipment to accomplish
established animal handling targets throughout all phases of production. Verification processes including
demonstration of competencies and field audits are an essential component of the continuous
improvement process, ensuring compliance with established expectations, minimizing organizational risk
and ultimately elevating the culture of animal welfare related to animal movements and improving
stockmanship through education of pig behavior.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop procedures to achieve animal handling objectives
- Develop a robust training program to engage all stakeholders at all levels of competency.
- Perform classroom and in-field training as defined in established program.
- Develop and implement a field approach to evaluate Animal Handling
- Assist with Animal Handling and Safety investigations as well as follow up corrective actions.
- In Field diagnosis and troubleshooting of animal handling processes and outcomes.
- Engagement of contract producers, drivers and production personal with supporting information and feedback of performance as it relates to quality movements of animals
- Key resource to Producers, Service Managers and Transportation Department in areas of responsibility
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Education: Professional, two or four-year degree required, or High School Diploma and experience in related field.
- TQA, PQA Plus certification is not needed upon hire but is required to perform job.
- Moderate livestock and/or relevant industry experience required
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) speaking a plus.
- Individual must demonstrate strong communication skills to engage stakeholders, ensuring comprehension and ultimately influencing behaviors.
- A successful individual will be naturally curious and exercise all means possible to eliminate barriers, functioning as a change agent to achieve excellence in animal handling activities for both people and pigs.
- The individual must practice sound judgement to appropriately identify and escalate issues to ensure compliance at all times.
- Individual must possess personal organization and time management skills with the ability to adapt and function effectively in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Other Technical Skills required: Basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
Specialized or Motorized Equipment and/or Tools:
This position may require operating a company vehicle, or receiving regular mileage reimbursement, any offer for this position will be contingent upon the review of the candidate’s motor vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on CF’s insurance carrier and company policy.
Vehicle Licensing Requirement: Class D
Christensen Farms is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization. No employee of CF will discriminate against any applicant for employment or a fellow employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, citizenship status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law.