Job ID 40189
Experience 1-3 years
Position Overview & Responsibilities: CF’s Agronomist(s) are responsible to direct and execute nutrient management for CFF company production; provide professional and technical assistance to cooperators and contract growers and to enhance the value of CF plant food through product and market development, production operations support, and other agronomic services.
Benefiting from an analytical and critical mind, this job requires strong problem-solving skills, with a technical orientation. This job demands knowledge and expertise and to do it successfully depends on understanding detailed information, hands-on involvement, careful follow-up and very disciplined but limited delegation. Central to this job is the need to weigh all decisions carefully and thoroughly, based on expertise in order to avoid unpredictable risk.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Nutrient Management Plans
- Establish nutrient budgets for production facilities and available crop land
- Write and submit plans to meet regulatory standards
- Maintain and update NMP’s
- Nutrient Management Execution
- Manure inventory tracking and forecasting
- Coordinate applicator schedules
- Quality control/supervision
- Environmental compliance
- Sales and Customer Service
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
- Promote plant food value of manure nutrients and other agronomy services
- Secure and maintain field acres for effective utilization of manure nutrients
- Literature and technology review
- Data collection
- Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
- Thoroughly understand applicable federal, state and local regulations for service area
- Maintain manure application records
- Maintain manure management plans
- Manure storage and site engagement
- Complete and ensure applicator certification, contracts, and insurance
- Agronomy Field Services
- Crop scouting/nutrient assessment/crop diagnostics
- GIS data processing
- Fertility tracking and optimization
- Public Relations
- Act as a liaison between Regulatory agencies and Christensen Farms
- Assist and Support with Neighbor relations
- Public Hearings
- Dust control for feed delivery and manure applications
- Environment Management
- Support air quality activities
- Production / site work engagement
- Water Quality
- Water, tile and well sampling
- Water usage monitoring and resolution of issues
- Data management and reporting key indicators
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum formal education required: AA., B.S. in Agronomy, Soil Science, or other related.
- Minimum number of years of prior job experience required: 1-3 years of agri-business employment with a strong agronomy background and customer service experience. Previous supervisory experience is a plus. Must demonstrate leadership qualities and ability to manage and develop others.
- Specialized Training requirements: CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is an asset but not required.
This position covers a territory of sites and should live within a 60 miles radius of our Sleepy Eye, MN headquarters.
Specialized or Motorized Equipment and/or Tools:
This position will require operating a company vehicle and company owned manure agitation
equipment. Any employment offer extended for this position will be contingent upon the review of the
candidate’s motor vehicle record (MVR). The MVR will be reviewed to determine insurability based on
CFF’s insurance carrier and company policy.
Vehicle Licensing Requirements: Class D