PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assist in the support of the office in communication and administrative activities. Coordinate dissemination of information and provide resource for management. Be able to communicate, schedule and transfer information between employees, farms, independent contractors and vendors of Iowa Select Farms essential for day-to-day business operations. This position is very visible to the general public and is located at the front desk of the West Des Moines office.
· Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violation.
· Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
· Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
· Assist in the organization of management team member’s schedules and daily tasks.
· Assist with distribution and creation of reports and routine communication.
· Assist in development of presentations and other resource materials.
· Provide administrative support to Officers and Directors. May include the following.
· Coordinate conference rooms and office space needs.
· Assist with Iowa Select events and provide support when necessary
· Assist with front desk and phone support
· Assist with back up for office phone. Politely answer calls and provide information and support.
· Assist with back up for visitors, contractors, and employees who come into the office. Can include
· This may also include placing orders for food and other tasks needed for the meetings.
· Send outgoing faxes for departments in the office.
· Distribute incoming faxes to appropriate departments and office personnel.
· Accuracy and attention to details are important.
· Confidentiality of information, calls and conversations is required.
· Assist employees with general administrative tasks.
· Order office supplies.
· Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
· Daily focus should be on the operations of the business, not personal issues.
· Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days on time. It is important that the phones are covered at all times between you and another individual.
· Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
· Flexibility in hours during health and staffing challenges is required.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS TIME PERMITS:
· Assist other departments with weekly and monthly report processing and mailings.
· Conduct other office-related jobs determined by supervisor.
Education/ Experience: Preference will be given to applicants with at least five years of experience in office administration, preferably with general knowledge of the swine industry or other ag-related field.
This person must be able to multi-task and handle stressful situations in a busy office atmosphere. Thus, they must demonstrate effective time management, initiative, organization, and dependability. This position requires the receptionist to work with a diverse population, so a positive attitude, overall friendliness, compassion for and understanding of people is a must in this position. Computer literacy is important with competencies in Avaya Phone Systems, Excel, Word, Power Point and Internet Explorer.
Physical requirements while performing the duties of this job; include the employee being able to lift up to 40 pounds, as well as pushing, pulling, bending and kneeling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, have the ability to sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, or office machines. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The environment the employee will be working in is a climate-controlled office with hazards typical to that environment. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
Click on the BLUE “Apply for this Job” button to email your resume. Please state Iowa Select Farms and the job title as the subject of your email application.
Or visit www.iowaselect.com/employment to apply.